1. In the year 2020-2021: India produced around 34.96 Lakh MT of organic produce. Total volume of export – 8.88 Lakh MT. Export value – $ 1041 Million
2. During 2017–22, to reach ₹ 18.67 L Cr by 2022. India exported produce worth ₹ 3,655 Cr in 2017-18
3. CAGR of over 25% in the next 3 years. High-scale, high-margin opportunity bracket.
4. The Indian organic food market reached a value of US$ 815 Million in 2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 24% during 2021-2026.
5. Startup Watchlist: 8 Indian Agritech Startups To Watch Out For In 2021
6. Sikkim presented a model in front of the world by becoming the first-ever organic state in the world.
7. PM Modi appeals farmers to cut down the use of chemical fertilizers & pesticides
8. 42% of India’s districts use 85% of its chemical fertilizers